Green lifestyles and sustainable neighbourhoods have multiple benefits to the environment and human health, such as:
- Reduced mental stress by working together
- Reduced fossil fuel use leading to improved air quality and less extreme weather
- Lowered rates of cardiovascular disease with active transportation and community gardening
- Healthier food choices including food that is seasonal, plant-based and local
- Reduced pollution achieved by reducing waste and advancing a circular economy
By fostering action by individuals and grassroots groups in Toronto, this project will make the city greener and healthier for everyone.
This project will communicate the importance of promoting a green lifestyle at home and on the move in neighbourhoods across Toronto while cultivating the next generation of environmental champions.
- We will work to reinforce Torontonians’ identity and desire to support inclusive, green, sustainable communities in neighbourhoods across the city.
- We will engage people in the importance of protecting, conserving, and enhancing a greener, more sustainable Toronto.
- We will employ, train, and inspire the next generation of environmental champions.
Supporting this work will help prevent climate change while preparing for what’s coming next.
Why is this work important here and now? Because we are in a climate emergency with less than a decade to reverse course to escape the worst climate predictions.
Join us by donating today and help power the Greener Toronto Fund, for this generation and those to come.
Your $80 donation will sponsor a non-profit exhibitor at EcoFair Toronto, and an $800 donation will fund the work and learning experience of one full-time intern for 1 week. Your donation of any amount is gratefully appreciated, and will go a long way in achieving the goals of the EcoFair and the Greener Toronto Fund!
Looking to donate securities to the Greener Toronto Fund? Small Change Fund makes it easy to donate securities. Contact Community Manager, Sarah, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how.