New Project: Advancing Climate Emergency Policy in Canada
MAY 5, 2021 – It is abundantly clear that we are in a climate emergency. That’s why we are partnering with The Climate Emergency Unit to push for the mobilization of genuine climate emergency policies in Canada. We are also seeking to elevate climate literacy across the country.
This project is governed by the framework laid out in Seth Klein’s A Good War: Mobilizing Canada for the Climate Emergency:
- Spend what it takes to win;
- Create new economic institutions to get the job done;
- Move from voluntary to mandatory measures;
- Tell the truth about the severity of the climate crisis and what is required to confront it;
- Leave no one behind; and
- Respect Indigenous leadership, rights and treaties.
Click here to support emergency climate action.