Internship Opportunity: Information Technology and Digital Media and Design Specialist
JULY 19, 2022 – Looking for an exciting and engaging internship opportunity? Well, you’re in luck! Small Change Fund is seeking an Information Technology and Digital Media and Design Specialist. See below for details!
We are looking for a young professional to join our Small Change Fund team and support our partners with the IT aspects of our crowdfunding platform. Additionally, our ideal candidate will fully immerse themselves in our 70+ joint projects to support our partners with digital design and media. This may include creating simple websites from scratch, taking into account user experience and branding, graphic design and digital media communications campaigns.
This internship is a full-time position (35 hours), Monday through Friday with some flexibility in working hours. The internship will run for approximately 26 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general IT support for the Small Change Fund website, including assisting new partners in navigating the “backend” of the site
- Troubleshoot the Small Change Fund website, if/when necessary
- Basic coding and programming, as needed
- Data management
- Support Small Change Fund and our partners with digital design and marketing needs, potentially including: creating and maintaining basic websites, graphic design and contributing towards digital media communications campaigns
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the IT aspects of Small Change Fund’s partner experience. They must be comfortable communicating via email, phone and video call with partners and assisting them with navigating the backend of the website. As a digital intern, they will be expected to perform basic troubleshooting of our crowdfunding platform and may be required to do basic coding/programming when updating the website. Careful data management in Excel and Google Drive is a crucial component of working with our virtual team.
This internship also provides the exciting opportunity to work on the digital design and media aspects of multiple campaigns. This may include creating a new website for a communications initiative, designing graphics and planning and executing digital campaigns. Each of these projects will provide a different experience and will establish an excellent foundation for an intern wishing to pursue digital media and design.
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate has experience with WordPress and fundamental web design, including HTML coding and the principles of user experience. They should be competent in graphic design and familiar with the Microsoft Office and Google Drive suite of services. Digital marketing skills are an asset.
We are seeking a professional, organized individual committed to social equity and environmental justice. This individual must have good people skills and be open to differing perspectives. The candidate must be able to work independently from a remote office location, as well as join virtual team meetings throughout the work week.
This internship is part of the Career Launcher Digital Tech Internships program and must meet their following requirements:
Eligible interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education, work part-time or unemployed)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work up to six months (26 weeks)
- Previous participants of a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) internship
- University or college co-op or intern students
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day on July 25th.